Deknudt Nelis Lawyers consults with you to elaborate an appropriate plan for your assets after your passing.
Do you want to donate part of your assets but still retain control and part of your income? Do you want to protect the surviving spouse? Do you want to exclude some of your children as much as is legally allowed? We will confer with you to find out what your legal options are.
Quite often, taxes are an important factor in this respect. Of course you want to reduce inheritance taxes to a minimum for the people you leave behind. However, the tax authorities are increasingly imposing measures to prevent tax optimisation. Legislation, tax positions and case law are constantly evolving. More than ever, our in-depth specialisation in this matter is indispensable to stay one step ahead of the tax authorities or to eventually get the upper hand in tax-related legal proceedings.
If you have lost your partner or a parent, it will be our pleasure to assist you in making the best possible choice within the context of your prenuptial agreement and in adequately making your inheritance tax declaration. Finally, we also represent you in disputes with the tax authorities with respect to donation and inheritance tax.
We provide legal assistance in the following matters:
– Prenuptial agreements and cohabitation agreements
– Control structure (partnership, foundation, stichting administratiekantoor, holdings, trust)
– Family law (adoption, parentage, administration,…)
– Immovable property (in Belgium and abroad)
– Inheritance agreements
– Transfer and management of art collections
– Lasting power of attorney
– Private international law
– Assistance for inheritance tax declarations
– Procedures relating to inheritance and donation tax